Our kids were awesome in the fact that last year this time they announced what they wanted to dress up as. Since we had gotten Molly a few weeks before, they thought it would be so neat to dress up as the characters of Wizard of Oz. I was proud of their creativity and assumed I would have plenty of time to gather the costumes. That's why I waited until 9 days before Halloween to do anything about it. Essentially procrastinating for 11 months. Wow.
Carl and I hit the thrift stores like crazy folks to round up pieces of the costumes. We managed to get one new, one gifted to us for free, one used off of a buy and sell site and another one piece together with items bought, borrowed or made. In the end, we were pretty proud of ourselves.
The morning of, Carl got all four kids up, fed and dressed in their costumes. I stayed a bit late at work, so by the time I came home, all the costumes had been shed. I was a bit sad, but Carl took some stellar pictures. Besides, the kids had decided that instead of trick or treating (Carl met that one head on by buying them a sack of candy the day before), we were going out for supper for Mr. Birthday Man. I think they remembered how cold they were last year and Asha said, "Why would I go begging for candy when Dad already gave us some."
*Smile*
1 comment:
Too Cute!! I LOVE it! And Molly fits the part perfectly, too.
Post a Comment