Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Family Connection

I have a pretty crazy family tree. I have my family that I was adopted by and I have my biological family that is slowly becoming revealed and known to me. I have a good idea of the majority of my biological mother's family; I'm her only child and one of 8 grandchildren. Many of the relatives on that side are known to me and I to them.

However, my biological father's side is a bit more complicated. That side I found out about only 5 years ago. That's when I met my father in Bolivia and since then I've begun to know my other half siblings. I'm the middle of my father's nine children. The second born, my half brother has two children. His daughter, who is my niece happened to be travelling here from the coast to attend a friend's graduation, and so it happened that we were able to meet. It was quite the amazing experience to meet someone that is related to me by blood and shares similar characteristics. Not only that, we both have the same first given name, both of us are passionate about education, and both of us are born in May. I've always wanted to be an auntie, and it's surreal to imagine that I have such a lovely niece. For me, I look forward to growing our relationship.



No comments: