Saturday, April 18, 2009

Our World This Week

It's been an interesting week. I'm not feeling like story telling right now, but thought you'd appreciated some tid-bits of our life.

*Joel got a cold this week and has been self-moderating the amount of sugar he's been eating. So he's refusing anything sugary, so that he can make a full and quick recovery.

*Kezia learned how to whistle this week and is proud as punch. She's showing off to everyone. Yet another skill she learned before her brother.

*Joel doesn't care that he can't whistle, he's busy with this whole sugar/cold/immune system thing.

*And he's starting to read, he can sound out quite a few words already.

*Carl took Terry from Winkler around the city to help Terry prepare for a youth missions' trip here in Bolivia next year.

*Asha learned a new phrase, "Get it!". Not sure about that one, especially when it follows our "No" after she asks for candy or pop.

*Carl has a head cold and has read 2 books this week.

*I have a cold, but unfortunately can't stop with the sugar intake and have received much advice from Joel about immune system suppression.

*Kezia had gymastics pictures Saturday morning that last the entire morning. In a hot stuffy gym with an even stuffier waiting area for the poor parents.

*Asha said "Love you" to us when we were putting her to bed.

*I got black oil paint into the grooves of my ring when I was painting the perimeter fence and managed to get it out by soaking it in gasoline.

*Asha has officially joined the Kezia's-obsessed-with-dresses-and-skirts Club

*I killed a scorpion in our bathroom and now have a problem walking barefoot anywhere.

*Carl and I went on a fabulous date night on Saturday and ate ourselves round with Italian food.

*I am currently fighting a battle over territory with the ants in my bathroom.

*Carl located the horrendous smell in the deposito; a dead rat in the garbage can.

*Neither Carl or I have been to the market this week. Our fridge is a little empty.

*Carl will be preaching at Sinai in 10 hours so I probably should get off the computer so he can prepare.

4 comments:

andrea said...

you have had a busy week! that nasty cold just won't leave...i hope that this week you'll feel healthier thus happier. so happy you went on a date night...yummy and time together...very well-deserved. thinking and praying for you love!

Roo said...

a scorpian!!! AH! wow.

my daughter has also joined the "obsessed with dresses and skirts" club. on the cold days i force her to wear pants and then as soon as she knows we are staying home...and not going outside...she changes back into a "stirt" . :) hope you feel better soon!

Laura Thiessen said...

Winkler! Oh man, how come I didn't know he was going?! I could have sent some stuff that's just sitting there waiting for my lazy butt to get up and send it....

Megan said...

Way to go on the new format! Me likey!

Also, kudos to Joel on his knowledge of immune suppression.

My bug story of the day is not G-rated: while sitting in the library, two mosquito-eaters got busy outside my window. Whoa. That's all I'll say.

Megan