We were blessed this past week to receive care packages from both sets of grandparents. My parents sent candy and birthday presents, and Carl's parents sent more candy, activity books and the coveted maple extract. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! They also sent an Easter egg painting kit and Joel was ready to get the eggs boiled right that moment!
We planned to do egg painting on Thursday, because Nati was watching the all the kids in the morning since they had no school. But unfortunately, Kezia had a high fever the night before and was sick, so we decided to postpone it until another day.
Yesterday, Carl boiled a bunch of eggs and the kids and I had some for breakfast before we coloured the rest. Asha was a bit confused with the whole egg painting thing. She thought we were going to eat more boiled eggs (why not? we just ate them 15 minutes ago!) and was sorely disappointed when she couldn't crack the eggs destined for dying. Sigh, probrecita!
Each of the older kids had three eggs to dye and Asha was done after one. If she couldn't eat it, she had no use for the activity. I gave her some chocolate eggs that Grandma sent, and she was happy with those ones. It was a fun morning for all of us.
As I was thinking about last Easter, in Fresno, and the Easter before that, in Winnipeg and I got a bit homesick. We said goodbye to the Tanakas at Easter last year. Has it been a whole year since we've seen them? Man, time flies....things change.
Anyways, the eggs turned out quite nice. The kids will enjoy looking at them, and Asha will be thrilled to learn that yes, indeed, after a day in the fridge, you do eat coloured Easter Eggs.


3 comments:
I LOVE dyeing eggs. But I also love eating the chocolate ones, so I might have been right in there with Asha :) Looks like fun. Happy Easter!
Great pics, looks like fun!!
Hugs :)
What great pictures! Looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment