We enrolled Kezia in gymnastics in November as sort of something that was going to be a nice distraction during the summer holidays. When the month was over, we stopped sending her, since it was Christmas. Well, ever since mid-January, Kezia has been asking if she's going to back to gymnastics this week. We figured she really liked it!
Well, in the beginning of March, we walked down to the gym to register her again. The instructors remembered her and told her that she was missed. That totally made her day. I was wondering if it would be a bit much, having school every morning and then gymnastics 3 afternoons a week. But Kezia has been practically running to class, week after week.
So on Tuesday, when I took her, her instructor said that she was doing really well, and presented me with a slip to inform me of her class change. She talked pretty fast, but once my brain caught up, I understood that Kezia was doing really well, and this new class, with older girls, would work on more rhythmic and dance routines, instead of just tumbling. I haven't been able to watch her while she's been in her previous class, so I'm following the class' activities through Kezia's commentaries. Maybe this other class will be in the main gym and I'll be able to watch from the balcony!
Kezia was very excited about moving up to another class. It's a bit later in the afternoon, over supper hour, but she wasn't concerned at all. "I can have a snack, and then eat supper later; that'll work fine Mom!" We are really proud of her and know that she'll do well, because she's enjoying it so much.
Now hopefully I can get a sneak peak....maybe even some pictures or a video!
5 comments:
how amazing is she! and something she just loves! you must be so proud and I can't wait to see pictures!
Awww, how cute! I'm going to my niece's gymnastics competition tomorrow; I can't wait to cheer her on! It's great to see how kids grow and develop their interests and talents!
wow!! that's really neat. xo
That is so great when kids can find something that they can enjoy for themselves and something they are passionate about!
Yeah Kezia:)
Cant' wait to see video of her doing her thang! :)
Post a Comment