
December 6th was Kezia's magic birthday. Why? Well, she turned 6 on the 6th, so it was a pretty special day.
I find it hard to think that she's 6 already. It's been a great year for our not-so-lil' gal and we're constantly amazed at who she is becoming.
This year she learned to read in both languages and now loves to read books to anyone who needs a good story.
She's grown about 4 inches!
Her gymnastics skill are something else; this year she's moved from artistic to rhythmic because she is very flexible and gifted in that area of gymnastics.
Kezia is a talented little artist. Her favourite subject in school is of course art, and she can spend hours drawing, making puppets or any other type of craft. She'll use whatever medium she can get her hands on; paper, cardboard, sticks, string, staples, even cloth.
She's decided this year that she's going to be a dentist by morning and an artist in the afternoon.
Kezia can swim under water.
She is a huge helper at home and sorts laundry, does dishes, and takes out the compost. Her favourite thing to help with is food preparation and baking. It's touching to see her help Asha around the house from lifting her up so she can see, to helping her get dressed. Even when the help isn't appreciated, she still does it.
We have discovered that she is the introvert of her siblings, but has definitely found her voice this year and can express her feelings more deeply. We have had some very interesting conversations about ethics of right and wrong, death, nutrition, and generosity.
I sometimes wish that she would grow just a little slower. I try and remember every day that the time goes by so fast and we need to take the time to find out what is mulling in this precious gals' heart and mind before she's grown and gone.
But she always reminds me that no matter how big she is, I'll always be her mom and she'll always be my little girl. We can't imagine life without her. She completes us.
Happy Birthday sweet Kezia. We love you so much!
5 comments:
Yes, Happy Birthday sweet Kezia!!
We are having all the Pletts over on Sunday for December Birthdays and will miss sharing it with you.
We look forward to maybe sharing our birthday party with you next year!
Aww, what a beautiful post...and beautiful girl! I would love to see Kezia performing her gymnastics sometime (my childhood dream was to be a gymnast, but I think I'm a little too old and too stiff for that now :)
That was a beautiful tribute to your precious little girl! I too would love to see her perform gymastics sometime!
Happy Birthday Kezia!
Happy Birthday, Kezia!
Thank you, Kathy for writing these beautiful words. It just makes me aware of how special and important every day in our life is.
Blessing,
Irina Hiebert
Post a Comment