The weekend after our family campout, we headed to Pennsylvania for our MCC re-entry retreat and to spend time with some former co-workers from Bolivia. We left on Tuesday and Lynn picked us up at the airport. We had planned to spend a few days at the Longeneckers before the retreat. On Wednesday we had a lovely BBQ with folks we haven't seen in ages - Arelis and Josh, Chris and Lindsey with baby Ramona, and Brian and Krista with Brandon. We all worked together in Bolivia and it was great to see them again.
On Thursday before we left for the retreat, Carl and I took the 7 kids to the museum. We all enjoyed ourselves. From Thursday to Sunday was the re-entry retreat and I'll save that for another post....
On Monday when we went back to the Longeneckers, we went for a train ride and picnic through Amish country. Seriously, Lancaster County is BEAUTIFUL. Then Laurie and I sent Carl and the kids home, while we went to our beloved Target. Oh, Target....
That evening the kids went to VBS and we went out for real authentic Amish food with Lynn and Laurie. Succulent Ham Loaf, tangy Chow Chow....drool....
Tuesday I went for a lovely coffee with Arelis down in Central Market. My attempt to find Wilbur Buds was unsuccessful at the market, but we were able to find some in Lancaster later that day. In the afternoon, we headed to Akron to re-connect with some folks in the office, Jean and Kathy and to see Lynn at his new desk. It was a good morning of visiting. Asha's romp in the sandbox and impromptu shower in Asia House was the only added extra! While the kids were at VBS, we drove to Laurie's home town for rootbeer floats.
And Wednesday morning we were up early to say goodbye and hop back on the airplane.
The visit went by way too quickly and it was hard to say goodbye to Lynn and Laurie and the kids. They showed us such great hospitality and the kids really bonded. It was meaningful to see them in their home and to spend a few more days with them. Oh, such a blessed time.
2 comments:
That last picture of Jesse and Asha is precious! I need to tell you... I went to the market today, and at the stand where you bought those two reusable bags...there was a sign that said..."Wilbur Buds Sold Here" Ahh! You made change in Lancaster County! Go Kathy!
Ha ha Ha! Okay, that is just awesome that they are now selling Wilbur Buds. Yeah, I'm a pretty persuasive kind of gal!
Post a Comment