Monday, December 19, 2011

PARTIES!!!

Kezia decided that she wanted to have a friends party for her birthday.  She invited 6 of her friends from her class and then on a night after school, the girls came over for supper, crafts and cake.  Carl happened to be gone, so I put on this party myself.  My mom in law and father in law helped by taking the other three kids upstairs so I could host/keep down the fort.  Good thing.....

Wow! 7 and 8 year old girls have lots of energy.  I was totally shocked.  The played and wrestled and shrieked and screamed and laughed and ate the pizza they made in 5 seconds and then did all the hollering and playing all over again.  We did a fun painting craft that the girls loved, but was a bit messier than I anticipated (oops, thanks for painting smocks!)  My red velvet cake turned out pretty awesome (thanks Shana for the bottle of food colouring!).  Kezia had a great time with her friends and they were very generous with gifts.  So that was on a Friday and on Sunday was another party.

There are 4 kids' birthdays in December on my side of the family.  So you can imagine for sanity sake we do group parties. It was a great time to celebrate with everyone and I sure was happy to do it together with my mom and my aunt.  More hands make lighter work so that everyone can enjoy the party.  And that they did!  We made sopa de mani and arroz con leche for our family to try which was a hit.   It's always great to get together with family.  Yeah, we're pretty great with parties.


No comments: