My soul, my soul magnifies the Lord
My soul magnifies the Lord
He has done great things for me
Great things for me
We have sung this song by C. Tomlin a number of times in church during this advent season. I love it. And as we sing it, tears come to my eyes. Because whether we are feeling like praising Him or not, it's so powerful to remember that he has done great things for us. Even in the loneliness we feel, the wondering-where-in-the-world-am-I-going?! phase, we know that God is amazing. It's not dependent on our circumstances or our feelings, but in his sovereign awesomeness.
We have waited patiently and he has in his own amazing way has provided for us. Another God sighting...are you ready for this?
I have been substitute teaching for a school division, but because I've been pretty new, I haven't been called very many times. So you can imagine my surprise to get an email from the superintendent asking if I would be interested in a half time term position. Would I?! I responded that I was and was told the interview would be the following week.
Long story short. I went in nervous, wondering if I was just the extra and not even a real candidate. The interview went quite well and I was asked to wait outside while they talked. Five minutes later they offered me the job. I could hardly believe it.
So after Christmas I will be working afternoons teaching Math and Social Studies at one of the middle schools in the area. I'm so excited. And floored. I didn't apply. Didn't do a cold call, didn't put in my name to principals in the area. This was totally a God-thing. Nothing I did got me the interview or the job. And for that, I am so utterly thankful.
And another one?
Doors are opening up in unexpected places for Carl. Seriously, it's just amazing.
Thank you Lord.
Thank you Lord.
Thank you Lord.
Through it all I've learned a very important lesson. It's not in the circumstances that we praise our Heavenly Father. It's not in the situations whether we seek His will or not. He always provides, He's always on time. He's always good. Regardless of what is happening around us.
This something that I want to take with me into 2012. Because who knows what is ahead of us....
We have waited patiently and he has in his own amazing way has provided for us. Another God sighting...are you ready for this?
I have been substitute teaching for a school division, but because I've been pretty new, I haven't been called very many times. So you can imagine my surprise to get an email from the superintendent asking if I would be interested in a half time term position. Would I?! I responded that I was and was told the interview would be the following week.
Long story short. I went in nervous, wondering if I was just the extra and not even a real candidate. The interview went quite well and I was asked to wait outside while they talked. Five minutes later they offered me the job. I could hardly believe it.
So after Christmas I will be working afternoons teaching Math and Social Studies at one of the middle schools in the area. I'm so excited. And floored. I didn't apply. Didn't do a cold call, didn't put in my name to principals in the area. This was totally a God-thing. Nothing I did got me the interview or the job. And for that, I am so utterly thankful.
And another one?
Doors are opening up in unexpected places for Carl. Seriously, it's just amazing.
Thank you Lord.
Thank you Lord.
Thank you Lord.
Through it all I've learned a very important lesson. It's not in the circumstances that we praise our Heavenly Father. It's not in the situations whether we seek His will or not. He always provides, He's always on time. He's always good. Regardless of what is happening around us.
This something that I want to take with me into 2012. Because who knows what is ahead of us....
2 comments:
WOW!! Congratulations Kathy - that's amazing! God literally dropped this job in your lap because HE IS GOD and because He can. :)
So excited for you!!!
I'm so excited for you my friend! Thanks for sharing your God sightings. It's always a blessing. And he is always on time, isn't he? (Though we often can't see that until later...)
Post a Comment