This year was a big year of changes for Kezia. She left Bolivia, her classmates, her gymnastics, her church...but all with eager anticipation of seeing her family in Canada. I think Kezia was the bravest of us all in regards to the move!
Everything was exciting for her as we started our life in Canada. The crosswalks, the dishwasher, camping. She started school with a bravery that most almost 7 year olds wouldn't have.
Not to say that the change this year hasn't been hard on her. She is introverted and so she needs more time to make friends, especially if she is the new one coming into already established friendship groups. But sit down one on one with her, and you'll be amazed at what she has to say. Kezia loves to read so she'll always have a snippet of interesting information for you. She is wise beyond her years, understanding that there is something different about her in comparison to other kids. Kezia recognizes her uniqueness.
She is also a terribly thoughtful child. She received an early birthday gift and decided to save it until her actually birthday. Seriously, I wouldn't have that kind of patience! And then a few days later decided to make a thank you card for the present that she hadn't opened up yet. We made sure to let her know we noticed her kindness.
Kezia is wonderful with Elena, they have a special bond. She has a way with Asha that is very admirable, and she can almost hold her own when wrestling with Joel.
I'm looking forward to this year with Kezia. God has entrusted this wonderful lil' gal to us to raise up for Him. Sometimes I don't think that I'm worthy of the challenge or privilege. I don't have a healthy relationship with my biological mother, so a positive mother-daughter relationship for me came later as a teenager with Mom Kaylene. In this new territory in her early years, I'm doing my best to grow a positive relationship with Kezia. She teaches me things about myself, for which I am so grateful.
So on your birthday Kezia, we pray God's richest blessings on your life. Continue to grow up for Him. Keep dreaming and drawing, smiling, doing those crazy gymnastics back bends! and blessing those around you with your kindness. We love you very much.
2 comments:
Wow, what a GORGEOUS girl, Kathy. Seriously, she is beautiful.
And amazing from the sounds of things! She is just as blessed to have YOU as you are to have HER though.
xoxo
she is so beautiful. :)
Post a Comment