Friday, January 20, 2012

My Job

I like to say that I have a full time job at home and then I get to have a part time job outside of the home.  And the best part?  I love them both!

I admit, it's a bit of a juggle.  I'm always having to be efficient, hence the lack of blogging lately.  I have lunches to prepare, then supper to put in the crockpot, games of Sequence to play with a lil' 4 year old, diapers to change, a diaper bag to pack, marking to do, planning to do, emails to respond to.  Lots to do, but it's worth it.

I almost forgot how much I love teaching.  I love the challenge and this year is no exception.  I'm teaching two subjects that aren't my major or even my minor.  I've taught Math for my entire teaching career, but Social Studies is a new one. What I've heard from students and teachers alike is the 8th grade Social Studies is the most fun.  And I think everyone is right.  How can you go wrong with China?  And then Rome and Greece, Ghana and then Mayan Civilizations?  I can't even tell you how excited I am about doing Percentage in Math and those Linear Equations are coming up.  The icing on the cake would be Polynomials, oh how I love those!

The little girls are loving (and sleeping!) at the babysitters in the afternoons.  Joel and Kezia are a huge help around the home after school.  I think our family is getting into good rhythm, a normalcy instead of floating and wondering about what the next week will hold.

It's just such a blessing to be able to have this.  Working in a position that is fulfilling, having a wonderful role in the home that is life giving, people to take care of your children....Who would have thought 6 months ago that we'd be here right now?  God is a creatively great one, isn't He?

4 comments:

andrea said...

:)...happy to hear it's going well! I love your passion for life! thanks for making me smile!

Roo said...

xo yay!!!

Andrea said...

So happy to hear...I've been wondering how things were going. You go, girl!

Rachel said...

Good to read there is some rhythm setting in...been thinking of you all!