For the last week or so we've been in the thick of assessments. Instead of high school exams on one day, we have projects that span 2 weeks. And then at the end of it all I get to take them home and mark them
and mark
and mark
and mark
and mark
and mark
For Math, I'm marking cereal boxes made from nets calculated from prime factorization because they had to find different dimensions with the same volume of the given box. They had to calculate the cost to manufacture the cereal and determine profit. And after they figured the ratios, the fractional height of their titles and slogans, they were expected to be amazingly creative with designing the box. Yes, they were a bit overwhelmed. But we got through it and now I have a stack of 43 boxes and 43 booklets to mark.
Social studies they invented their own civilization drawing on the 10 ancient civilizations we studied this year. Draw and label a map, make a flag and crest, discuss all aspects of life and government and culture, make a timeline with real dates on it, compare and contrast from our course studies and defend why their civilization is worthy to study. In one.big.fat.booklet. I will mark that too.
So I will make another cup of coffee and hunker down. I need to get my final marks submitted in 67 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment