Friday, June 29, 2012

Thinking Back

It was a year ago today that we had that horribly emotional day.  Remember?

We were in the midst of some pretty huge change.
We were madly packing.
We were anticipating a new life coming up.

Feels a bit like right now.

What am I right now doing?  Packing.  How am I feeling about it?  Excited.  Sad.  Nervous.  Reflective.  Pensive.  And so very tired.  Tomorrow is the big moving day and it won't be getting postponed because of a passport.  At least we don't have to worry about weight restrictions and I don't have to cry about leaving some ridiculous thing behind.  We aren't going very far, but it's a big change.

It's been five years since we've had a place of our own.  One year ago here, four years ago here.  Asha hasn't actually known a place that we've called ours in her life.  And I don't think that has been a bad thing at all.  She has embraced this idea of living where you are.  Doesn't matter if your suite is not yours, neither the beds, or you have a finite time to call this home.  Maybe it would do us a good bit to move every few years.  A friend of mine in Fresno said that in order to cut down on clutter and re-set her life, she was planning to move all of her stuff across the street and then back again.  A good way to prioritize what is important to keep.

I can't wait to have our own space.  To be able to personalize our spot.  To invite folks over and not have to pause for a second as we're laughing around the table to think, "One day this can never be again,".  

I realized that I haven't blogged at all about the renos and the crazy life of setting up a house while still trying to live in another.  But once the dust settles, I'll be back and I'll share and post pictures.  It'll just be from another IP address......

No comments: