Saturday, July 20, 2013

Camp

Our two oldest kids went to camp for the first time this week.  I was very excited and nervous for them.  Camp is a great experience for kids and we were hoping that ours would be able to make some special memories.  Kezia recognized one girl from school 2 years ago, but Joel didn't know anyone.  It was a smaller group of kids at camp, which was good for them to make new friends.

I admit, I was a bit anxious but as soon as we dropped them off and saw they were playing, I was put at ease.  It sure was quiet around the house with just Asha and Elena for those three days.  I think Asha really missed them because the first day she was quite out of sorts.

When we picked them up, they gave us big hugs (well, first to Elena!) and immediately said they had a blast.  They told us they did just fine with teeth brushing and not losing anything and participating in everything and eating all their food.  Both of them begged to go for a whole week next year because they so wanted to do more horseback riding and learn more survival skills.  I was proud of them in how they embraced a new experience and really had a great time.



1 comment:

Andrea said...

So glad they had a great time! The first time is always nerve-wracking, but it gets easier...