I got myself a nasty cold the week of Easter. It was horrible and boy, did I complain. Two days off work and stuck in bed made me miserable. As a result, Carl took the kids shopping for Easter outfits, and boy he did a fabulous job. I'm thinking he'll do it every year.
The weekend was decent. We didn't have anymore snow, which I was so thankful for. I admit, I felt like I hadn't done much to prepare for Easter during the lenten season and all of a sudden it was Good Friday. I had helped plan the service and Asha and I were scripture readers. It was a moving service and I was glad that I was a participant. It helped frame my thoughts for the weekend.
Carl had also planned a little candy hunt in the house, which the kids and I thoroughly enjoyed. It was very thoughtful of him to do that for our family. I teased him because he actually forgot where he hid some of the candy, not two hours before! Yes, he's forgetful and thoughtful simultaneously.
We spent some time with family and connected with our neighbours. And then it was Monday.....


No comments:
Post a Comment