Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hockey Fan Created

I admit that I'm not much of a hockey fan. We didn't have television until I was 8, and even after that, the only thing we watched was hockey. Maybe I subconsciously resented the sport because all I wanted to watch was Get Smart, He-Man, Hercules, and Jem and the Holograms.

Anyway, fast forward ten years and I was at my first live hockey game in Vancouver. It was pretty awesome, I admit. Nothing like being in the stands with that kind of energy. I don't remember who they played, but they won and I was on cloud nine for days after that. Unfortunately, I didn't really watch any hockey, unless it was play-offs.

And here we are in 2015 and our beloved Jets are in the play-offs. There's the anthem song, which is kind of catchy and the city is alive with pride. We may be a smaller city, and we certain have our problems, but it's kind of cool that many people are coming together as proud hockey fans. Our kids wore white today to school as part of the whiteout movement and tonight I'll be glued to the screen (with the lights out because it's Earth Day).

I hope the Jets win today. But it's not looking that great. In any case, I may be inclined to watch a bit more hockey......



No comments: