Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fantastic Friday

We had a great, but very full Friday. First, the kids and I drove out to Landmark to see my friend Andrea and her three kids. Andrea and I have known each other for almost 13 years, were roommates when we were single, and have shared a lot of memorable times together. She was (and continues to be) a constant support to me especially during our stay in Fresno, and I was REALLY looking forward to spending some time with her.

We arrived around 10:30 and immediately her kids and mine took to each other. It was so awesome to see them playing together so well. Andrea made a scrumptious waffle lunch and the kids played while we had a good visit. The time went by too quickly and soon it was time to go, so I corralled the kids towards the van. Oh, where's Asha's soother? We looked high and low and couldn't find it. The best we figured is that Jessica toddled off with it, stashed it somewhere for herself later!

The kids and I got back to the city just before 2, and we didn't even get out, Carl loaded up the luggage and we headed off to Judy's. Joel and Kezia were going to spend the weekend there while Carl, Asha, and I went to Kenora for a wedding. Carl was officiating.

We said our goodbyes to the kids and were on the road by 2:30. The plan was for Asha to sleep the 2.5 hour trip, but she had other plans. She chatted, laughed, fussed, yelled, giggled, cooed....everything except slept. ARG! So when Carl and I arrived in Kenora and checked into the hotel, I stayed behind from the wedding rehearsal and tried to get Asha to lay down a bit. After 75 minutes the score was Asha - 1, Mom - 0. Oh fine. But you'd better not be a grumpy pants during the rehearsal dinner!

And she wasn't, she was so happy, sat with Al and Janet (parent's of the groom) and made eyes at everyone who looked her way. She really did steal the show and we stayed and dined and enjoyed good food and conversation until 11 p.m. Asha was so exhausted that she fell asleep in her playpen at the hotel immediately.

It was so nice to enjoy amazing company and food today for both lunch and dinner.

1 comment:

andrea said...

Friday was so much fun. Is Kezia feeling better today? the soother...i found it under the load of diapers her and Jess had taken off the shelf about three hours after you left...now, where did i put it...? talk to you soon