Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Some things that I was very thankful on Thursday were:

*my phone got hooked up!

*I was able to book ALL my necessary appointments for the summer

*I got down to the basement while Asha was sleeping, re-packed some of Carl's books, realized the man has millions of books, and so if we're keeping the books, we're keeping the trifle bowl and that makes me happy

*Joel offered one of his notebooks to me, in case I don't have a place to make my next list

*Kezia helped carry the bread at the grocery store

*Asha was Miss Smiley at the store and help reel in many compliments (that always makes me feel great when people say nice things about my kids)

*I met up with two cousins at two different times, and I was reminded how wonderful it is to be home and connected

*I went to Don's Photos and managed to figure out the kodak machine and get prints I needed

*I didn't even think once about not having my MB license; I kind of like having CA plates

*I didn't have to pay for parking downtown

*My washing machine, need I say more

*I got to talk to Jenny on the phone

*Carl bathed all three kids in the evening

*I didn't have to make supper, we had Carl's curry and it was even better than Monday's version

*I got to watch another three episodes of Friends

3 comments:

andrea said...

sounds like a productive yet just a really good day. i love those days. it just flows especially when the kids are good, you can accomplish items on your list and your perspective is positive. i'm happy that you got to have one of those days...it has been very stressful and busy not to mention emotionally draining for you, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kellan said...

It's always nice when people compliment about your kids and also always good to figure out those photo machines - HA!

Hope you are having a good weekend, Kathy - see ya. Kellan

Roo said...

i am thankful for washing machines too!!! my grandma had 12 kids and no washing machine. i was also told that at times she only had 3 cloth diapers on hand in the days before her babies were potty trained. (and not the fancy ones you can get nowadays) can you imagine?

we are spoiled. :) thanks so much for your comment. it's soooo good to meet you.