Monday, May 11, 2009

Cucumbers, Curry, Cake, & Cuts

I know many of you have been sitting anxiously, wondering what ever did become of the second part of the birthday saga? Well, I shall not keep you waiting.

When I got home from my hair cut and nail session, I found Carl cooking about 20L of curry. The house smelled amazingly delicious. It's not like I had no idea that there would be a party the next day, but I was staying as clueless about it as possible. I like surprises!

The next morning, we went to church. There was a fundraising lunch at church, which was very tasty. We got home and everyone, except Carl, had a nap. He was busy chopping up cucumbers....

At 4:00 people started coming onto the yard and when I walked out of the house, I was pleasantly surprised to see balloons strung up in the trees. It was really beautiful. There was a soccer game in the cancha between our two churches, so I and our arriving guests watched that for part of the afternoon. By about 5:30, Carl started bringing out the curry, the rice and the cucumber salad. The food was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and everyone raved about what a great cook Carl is. I was so proud. We ate and visited and I was presented with gifts of lip gloss, a purse, chocolates and some coffee. Then the cake came.

There is a lady we work with, Eloina, who makes the best cakes. I have been to few parties where her cakes were featured, and I told Carl for my birthday I would love one of her cakes. It's light, full of whipped cream layers, and even a jello layer. She topped it with strawberries and peaches and a few toasted nuts. It was one of the best cakes I've ever had.

It was a great party. Lizette was teasing Carl and telling him that her birthday was in August, hint, hint....He laughed. Just think, my husband has ousted me as the coveted party planner. I'm really proud of him!

Thanks Carl for the great evening and making me feel special.


1 comment:

andrea said...

what a fun party! Kathy, you look so beautiful! really gorgeous!!! how sweet it is to have a host/planner in your home...seriously, I envy you! special times!