On Saturday I was awoken by three lil' kiddies singing happy birthday. It was a great way to be roused from slumberland. They were accompanied by their dad, presents, and breakfast. I was very touched by their gifts of lip gloss, nail polish, a mirror, and hair scrunchies.
After breakfast, there were a few things to do before we called a taxi and headed off to Guembe Bioresort. It is a beautiful place, check it out here. We spent the day in the pools, eating of the amazing buffet, and walking through the bird and butterfly sanctuary. We saw some pretty cool insects, beautiful parrots, and even a sloth!
I don't think I've ever had a more relaxing birthday. It was an amazing get away. We spent the entire day there and I was thankful for this way to celebrate with my family.
*be patient, the pictures might take a few moments to load*
We arrived home at 6 o'clock for a light supper and showers. The kids headed to bed almost right away, but I was making my way to the plaza to catch a micro. For what? Well, a fellow we work with, Marcelo, his wife has a new salon, and she offered to cut my hair and do my nails as a birthday present. I was very touched by the gesture (although as she started cutting my hair, I had a twinge of anxiety...you never know what is lost in translation). I spent the evening at her salon, watching Mexican music videos and eating wafers.
I got home with my new 31ish look, content, rested, and feeling like I had a great day.
Was it the end of the fesitivies?
Did Kathy get a birthday cake?
What did Carl get Kathy for her birthday?
Why were there 15 cucumbers in the fridge?
Stay tuned for next post......


3 comments:
oh, 31 looks fabulous on you! you are stunning! what a beautiful way to celebrate your birthday...can you get Carl to give Kris some tips? ...i have some thoughts about those 15 cucumbers...
Great pictures!!!
mmm now you got me curious about the cucumbers...a big fiesta maybe ;)
You are looking AMAZING in those pictures, by the way!! Talk abotu a sexy mama!!!
But really...15 cucumbers? Oh come on, you can't leave us hanging!!
Post a Comment