This past weekend, Joel and Kezia and Asha had their first friends sleepover. It was a pretty exciting time to have Nathan, Maria, and Jesse over. Their parents, Lynn and Laurie, were headed to a night out to celebrate their anniversary.
We made mini-pizzas for supper and then the kids played outside. Afterwards, we all enjoyed tutti-frutti jello that Carl made. The kids seemed pretty tired once we started the bedtime routine at 8 ish, but I wondered what time they would actually fall asleep, all piled in a tent together, all high on excitement and red food colouring (what were you thinking Carl?!). Well, we got into pajamas, read Farmer Boy, brushed teeth, prayed and sang, and gave hugs and kisses. Carl sat beside the tent working on the computer, and softly reminded any squirmy monkey to lie down, close your eyes.....
5 minutes later, Maria was sleeping
7 minutes after that Nathan was still like a rock
4 minutes later, Joel was snoring
6 minutes later, Jesse was flat on his back
25 minutes later, Kezia's glassy eyes finally closed
It was beautiful, and it was before 10 0'clock!
The next morning came pretty early, but the ones that woke up first, headed into the kids' bedroom and played. I think we all were up by 8:30 and having pancakes. The kids played outside for most of the morning, and then at 10:00, we thought we'd put on the Little House on the Prairie show that the kids had brought. 15 minutes into the show, I knew they were all really tired, because they all had blank stares and sat really still.
Our kids had a long nap in the afternoon once Nathan, Maria, and Jesse went home, and I'm sure that they did the same. It was a fun experience for the kids and a first for us. We've never had anyone else's kids over for the night. I hope they had a good time like we did; and just think Lynn and Laurie, your turn is coming in a few weeks, when we go out and celebrate our anniversary!
2 comments:
awwww! love it. what memories. bring me back to my first sleepovers. it was SO exciting.
oh, sounds like fun! I love the tent idea. When Luke and I come to visit can we set up the tent?
Post a Comment