I made an uber brunch for Carl, hashbrowns, eggs, toast, sausages and juice for breakfast. I think I made too much food! The kids and I presented Carl with his presents, a water bottle, nuts, chocolate, and a bilingual bible.
We spent the rest of the day playing in our pool, chopping up coconuts, drinking terrere and visiting. It was such a lovely day.
For supper, we went to a buffet and came so early for supper (6:45 p.m.) that we were the only ones in the restaurant. The food was pretty good, the atmosphere was lovely, and except for Kezia's little throw-up incident (oops!) at the table, the evening was quite enjoyable.
When we got back, Saul and Anita's vehicle was parked in the driveway. Carl wondered what was going on. Joel and I just smiled.
We got to the front door, but the door was jammed a bit. Asha went around by the window, and started laughing. Carl noticed nothing.
Carl decided to go into the house by the hallway door. As he went in, lights went on and people screamed, SURPRISE! Carl was so shocked, Saul said Carl's heart was pounding when he gave him a hug.
So, okay it wasn't a surprise to me or Joel. We knew and planned the whole thing with our friends. A bunch of people came over while we were at supper and decorated the house and hid for us to come back. We had snacks and cake in the jatata, because it was too hot to stay in our house. Carl was just so tickled to have a surprise party. And I was proud as punch that we pulled it off.
How fun to celebrate birthdays, especially of the one of the man I love the most! Happy Birthday sweetheart!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to Carl!! I thought of him yesterday...and of all of you. Glad you had fun celebrating!
FUN!!!! YAY! Happy Birthday Carl! Sounds like a beautiful day.
Post a Comment