Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blessed Baby Shower

On Tuesday, the ladies bible study I attend had a beautiful baby shower for Elena and I. This was Elena's first baby shower, since during the others she was still in utero. Yes, there were others and we have been totally overwhelmed by the expression of love our friends have lavished upon us. Baby showers for a 4th child are almost unheard of.

Jeanie led a touching devotional that talked about not worrying about our children, but to pray for them and to guide them. What a privilege to be a mother!

And of course, the food was amazing. The gifts were adorable and the time was very memorable.

2 comments:

Laura Thiessen said...

Kathy. I don't know how you do it. You are smokin'! Plus, I've always loved that shirt. You're just so beautiful! And why's the bear in a plastic bag?

Kathy said...

Thanks!! I love that shirt too. How many years have I had it? Can't remember...

And the plastic bagged bear, not sure. Maybe to keep it clean? Maybe the giver remembered Elena's a projectile spewer?