On Tuesday, we all headed out to Steinbach after the kids got their new passports. The plan was to spend two and a half days building a treehouse at Dad's farm. Carl and Joel were excited about the project!
We went to Wendell and Shana's for a great meal and played Ticket to Ride before heading to Mom and Dad's for the night. The kids were tired and after a bit of visiting we headed off to bed. In the morning, Dad, Carl, and Joel loaded up their tools and headed off to the farm. That day they were able to get both levels of the treehouse up. It was quite amazing how much they accomplished, and Dad was proud of Joel that he stayed on task and helped out the entire day.
At home in Steinbach, Mom, Kezia, Asha and I had a nice day. We did a bit of shopping and bought signs for our garage sale. I was planning to have one on Thursday and while the girls slept in the afternoon, Mom and I set out the items in the garage.
After naps we packed up the supper ingredients and headed out to the farm. Mom and Dad were planning to make stirfry for us for dinner. When we arrived, all the boys were swimming in the pond. Kezia got on her suit and joined themfor a bit before we ate.
After supper, I headed to Winnipeg for our VBS orientation while the rest stayed out at the farm for a bit. That night, Joel,Kezia, Carl and Dad were planning to stay at the cabin for the night. So when I returned from my orientation, it was only Mom and Asha at home.
The next day, while I had my garage sale, Dad, Joel and Carl continued to work on the treehouse until lunch. Mom went to get Kezia shortly after breakfast; she didn't sleep very well the night before.
It was so nice because Mom and the girls were inside enjoying each other's company, while I manned the garage sale actually I started reading The Kite Runner and could hardly put it down to give people change! At three o'clock, the guys had returned back from the farm and I was packing up the leftovers from our garage sale.
By 4:00 we were all tired and it was time to head back to Winnipeg and so before piling into the car, we exchanged lots of hugs and kisses. It was pretty special for Joel and Carl to help Dad with the treehouse. I know some pretty significant memories were made. We won't be around to enjoy it for a time, but it will stand in the woods for many years to come, a reminder of Joel's awesome treehouse building experience.

2 comments:
Oh, Kathy those pictures are beautiful! What an amazing time to spend with family! I'm so happy that you were able to do so much yet savour time with Carl's folks! Did your garage sale do well? Like I always say, you completely amaze me with your ability to do so much!
What wonderful memories -- and an awesome looking tree house!!
Post a Comment