Thursday, July 17, 2008

Orientation - From the Kids' Perspective

It has been 9 days of meetings for us in Pennsylvania. We came on an airplane. Mom and Dad get us up really early (and I just want to sleep in), then we go to eat breakfast in the dining hall. Then we go for our kids meetings.

There were lots of kids the first few days, but then some left. But we took a picture of all of us before some of the kids went home. Kezie and I made picture frames for our picture to take with us to Bolivia (and we even painted them, and I painted a HUGE picture of myself and I made it all purple).

We start the day with singing and some of our favourite songs are Lord You Are and We are Marching (and we can even sing it in Spanish!). Some days we go to the park and then have snacks. We always take LOTS to eat (no, just you take lots to eat).

The food is great at lunchtime and there are always lots of people in the line. I'm big enough to carry my own tray, but Kezia has to wait for Mom or Dad or another adult to help her.

In the afternoon meeting, when the babies are sleeping, we get to go on field trips. We went to the pool (and I got to wear my NEW BATHING SUIT!). Another day we went to the library and we got to sign out books to take back to Asia House.

My favourite field trip was to the Farm where we got to pet all the animals (except Joel got hit by one of the goats on the arm). It was fun for us to feed them and pet them.

One of the other trips we really liked was going to Chocolate World. Joel found some money and he bought two chocolate bars, one for me and one for him. It was good!

We made tie dye shirts and it was a lot of fun. I was disappointed that my shirt didn't have that much dye on it, but Mom said that it looks really great. Yeah, and I made sure that my shirt had lots and LOTS of purple on it.

Last week, we had some special people come in and talk to us about the different places that we'll be going. Someone came in and talked about Egypt (and I told them that's where my uncle Nelson lived, and Maggie's going to go there and Wren and Eve too.)

And then another place they told us about was Columbia (the other Joel is going there) and then Bolivia (that's where we're moving to! And we get to move with Maria and Jesse) and Nathan too, he's one of my best friends now. And they told us about Mexico (where Hizee is going to live and she's going to learn Spanish too!) and Nigeria (yeah, the other Kezia is going there with her sister Rhianna and her big brothers)

And so when we're having all that fun, Asha gets to stay with all the babies and crawl around and play. The grandmas and the girls in that room are really nice (sometimes I stay in that room and help out when the older kids go on a field trip). Then after lunch, Asha has a nap in Asia House and then the girls come and watch her and then after, all the babies go on a stroller ride around here and get pushed on the swings or crawl around on the grass. Asha learned how to go up the slide (and I like to help her up) and she likes being carried by her friend Kathy (yeah, Kathy is a really nice lady, I like her a lot).

It's pretty hot and sweaty here, but we like playing outside with the kids. Sometimes we play crochet (and I played with Hizee and we're really, REALLY good) and sometimes I go with Dad when he's playing soccer with some of the other people.

And we like sleeping in Asia House and the food is really good and we like running around and playing lots here. We're going to miss the other kids when we have to go away from here. But we get to see some of them back in Canada or in Bolivia. So that'll be great.


1 comment:

andrea said...

now, how cool is that?!!! sounds like this has been a great experience for all of you...pretty neat to have tons of resources to prep for this trek.
good night dear!