Thursday, July 10, 2008

Can't Report, Absent Today

Tuesday went by in a blur because I was sick. I woke up in the morning feeling lethargic and stuffed up, but I figured it was because I was tired. I made it through the first 30 minutes of the morning session before I had to leave and go sleep in our room. I had lunch with Carl and the kids, and then went right back to sleep in the afternoon.

Though I was disappointed to have missed the first two workshops (some say I didn't miss much), there couldn't have been a better place for me to be sick. Carl could sit in and fill me in with the details, all our meals were taken care of, and the kids were being cared for by loving workers. So I slept most of the day.

That evening, Kelsey gave me a wonder pill that made me feel so much better. I'm not much for taking pills, but I could really feel its magic.

Other than that, I don't really have anything I can say about Tuesday because I can't remember anything except drooling into my pillow.

3 comments:

andrea said...

i hestitate to say 'perfect timing' to get sick. happy to know that you were able to sleep it off and have meds that worked for you. love you.

Roo said...

get well soon mama hen!
life gets hard when the mama gets sick.

Louise said...

Hope you are feeling better!!
HUGS!