Saturday, July 5, 2008

An Inconvenience Makes Another

For those of you that know me, you know how much I love mail. In fact before I was convicted about the carnage of the trees for flyers, Thursday, which was flyer day was my most favourite day. Well, since we've moved back, I had expected the mail wouldn't be coming for a while.

A week goes by and the only mail that we got was for our renters. No big deal, at least there's something in the mailbox (giggle, giggle!!!). But in the back of my mind, I was hoping something would come for me so that I would finally have something with my current address on it. Remember my struggle with getting my driver's? Some type of bill was the last thing I was waiting for.

And then the second week goes by and I get an email from Auntie Irma saying that her anniversary invitation got sent back. Hmmmmm.....I told her I would look into it. A few days later, I thought I should really call Canada Post. Then Carl gets an email from MBBS saying that the package containing his bound and published thesis got sent back, even after they confirmed our Winnipeg address. Okay, what's going on?

Well, it was the eve before Canada Day and so we knew we couldn't do anything until Wednesday. On Wednesday morning, Carl called and tried to find out what was going on. Like most government organizations, they had no clue what was going on, but assured us they would find out why we weren't getting our mail and call us right back.

Thursday no mail; it had been 18 days without mail and Kathy was contemplating taking her No Flyers sign off her box.

Friday, Carl talked to the letter carrier and gleaned some very interesting news. See, Mr. LetterGuy figured that the Heppner family probably moved because now the bulk of the mail that was coming was for another family. Now we moved in August of last year, but I guess he only figured it out in May because up until that time, we still were getting mail, our tenants would give it to Wendell and then Wendell would mail it to us in Fresno. Well, that all stopped some time in mid-May. The crazy thing about it is that we still get mail from the two previous owners of the house, like they haven't even lived here for say, hmm... 12 years! So why all of a sudden would Mr. LetterGuy send our mail back and not the other family!? I was getting pretty sick of getting Bruno's ridiculous rose catalogues year after year after year.

ARG!!!!

I was trying not be engulfed in anger towards this guy. He has been a really good letter carrier over the years. The only thing is, without any mail (and most of it being sent back) I won't get a bill in the mail until I confirm my address again. As if we don't have enough to do.

Because no mail = NO DRIVER'S LICENSE

No comments: