The last few days we have had what we call Despedidas, or goodbye times/parties. We had one with our co-workers, one with our music team from church yesterday, and tonight with school friends. Always there is tons of food and I'm sure that I've eaten at least Asha in weight in meat. The meal is always amazing and with some despedidas there are programs, if nothing else there is always great visiting around the table. I tell you, people here know how to say goodbye. I love the fact that you have to have a party to say goodbye. I love that it's deliberate and planned and so perfectly orchestrated. It makes it easier I think. Although I've gotten a bit ridiculous and found myself despedir-ing even the photo place people and the lady at the market whom I buy clothes from. I don't want to think that I just dropped off the face of the earth because I want to say a proper goodbye. I smile at myself sometimes....
So right now my stomach is so full, shall I say again, Mi pansa esta muy llena! And so is my heart. I'll post a few pictures in a bit for you to have a glimpse of the blessings we've experienced in the last while.
3 comments:
(((hugs))) praying for you and your family. what a special to leave tho with goodbye- celebrations. you guys were so special and poured so muc h love nad energy into your job here. thinking of you as you go thru this transition. (i'm secretly doing a happy dance, crazy mixed emotions)
Wow - God sure blessed you with many friends over the last 3 years there. As hard as it is to say good-bye to all of your loved ones out there, it feels good to know that you have SO many people who love you!
I was just thinking very similar thoughts as the Andrea's. You (and your family) have a very special way of connecting deeply and meaningfully with the people around you - making the most of the moments spent with friends. Just as you will be missed by many people in Bolivia, your homecoming is anticipated by many Manitobans, who have been missing you here...
Post a Comment