Thanks for your prayers about Elena's passport. It's not here, but at least we have better news than we did on Friday.
So we had a lovely supper with our friend Juana and her family that night, but I couldn't help but be preoccupied with the whole passport thing. We came home and I went bonkers and started sorting and packing and crying, frustrated with the days happenings, angry that the weather turned cold and now I have to find all the blasted winter clothes!
I went on FedEx website at 11 p.m. and typed in our tracking number. Still saying July 4th.....
Hit refresh. July 4th
Hit refresh. July 4th
Hit refresh. July 4th
Hit refresh. June 28
!!
So I did it one more time to check and sure enough, the site was updated and it looks like the passport should be coming the night before we leave. But still pray because until we have that thing in our hands, I'm still on pins and needles.
However, I feel like we can continue on the journey of leaving. Joel caught on to our conversations and said to Kezia that sometimes flights get delayed and we might have to live here for a bit longer. Kezia argued that no that wasn't the case and Joel yelled back, "Passports can be late!" I don't think she knew what he was talking about. She's counting the days, Joel is wondering what will happen if the passport doesn't come, "Can I just go to school and sit there and do nothing?" and Asha keeps listing off all the people she's going to miss and all the things that she has to leave behind that Grandma is going to replace :)
Today we had an amazing day with our church family. Already by the time I got up, I was close to tears and all mixed up inside. We got there a bit before the singing started and I went and gave Yuneth a big hug. I needed someone to hug and tell me that it was okay. We went for lunch with our pastor, Ona and Lucy, and the rest of the ministerial. It was a lovely lunch even though I couldn't taste much thanks to my cold.
In the afternoon, Carl sent me for a much needed nap and he sorted through some stuff. I woke up feeling refreshed and so we tackled a few bags and piles together. Sorting, repacking, throwing out, recycling, giving away....by 6 o'clock we had accomplished a lot.
Then at 7 our babysitter Rebeca showed up and Carl and I with our lil' chaperone went to church for a couples night put on by the young adults group. It was a lovely supper with a fun program and at the end they made a presentation to Carl. It was very touching and gush! came the flood of tears.
It was good for Carl and I to be out for the evening together. Instead of frantically packing, grumbling at each other about the dumb stuff we packed or want to keep, trying to find yet another sweater to keep warm.
In all I think we're doing okay. I think the tasks right in front of me have been so large that I haven't had the chance to sit and ponder the fact that in a few short days, hours really, we'll be sitting on the other side of the world in our parents' presence.
I'm going to cry again....
2 comments:
still praying. thinking of you this week...i can't wait to hug you too!
Oh my, friend, so many thoughts and prayers for you as this journey ends and another begins. Such an emotional time, and then the passport trouble on top of it. Hoping for a quick delivery on the 28th...sending love from all of us here.
Post a Comment