I have to quickly post this before Laurie does!
For some of you out there, you know about Facebook and maybe you're on it, or even my friend. One of my friends from middle school invited me to join, and I've been slightly hooked ever since. I enjoy seeing people's pictures, and writing a quick note to people from high school or college or from California or Canada....and now people from here. I have to quickly state that I don't spend all my time on there. I don't have any cool applications, I don't play scrabble on it, I just post pictures, write on people's wall, chat occasionally.
I have to tell you something funny....
Every so often, I go on facebook and happen to be on line the same time as friends or family back in Canada or California. Sometimes we've used the chat feature, which is really quite cool. One time I was chatting with Nelson and Wendell (my brother in laws) and my Auntie Bev, ALL at the SAME TIME! Okay, I should get to the meat of my story
It's happened a few times...
I would try and call Laurie because I needed to talk to her about work, or life, or whatever. The phone is busy. So a little while later, I will go on facebook, and lo and behold, who is there? Laurie. Hmmmm....that's why the phone is busy. So I facebook her and chat with her on line. And I have a little chuckle because she lives 5 blocks away and I always thought that facebook should connect me with the people far, far away. Here we are in Bolivia, facebooking each other. How crazy is that?!
Then I go into the office, and there's her husband, Lynn (who is also on facebook and one of my real/cyber space friends) who is facebooking his wife! He can't get ahold of her on the phone so he facebooks her! So I'm thinking to myself, I think we need an intervention here. Laurie might have a problem....but wait a second. The only reason that I know about her problem is that I might share in a bit of it too!
2 comments:
that is funny. acknowledgement is the first step, right? funny how handy FB can be...since my old computer crashed and I lost an my addresses, FB is the way is can stay in touch. I giggle too when i 'chat' with my neighbours!
hee hee...it's a DISEASE!! and i think we all have it!
:)
Post a Comment